5 Reasons Your Home Isn’t Selling
Hello, everyone. Welcome back to our video blog!
I get asked quite often from frustrated sellers about why their home isn’t selling. Well, I have a list of five main occurring themes that explain why your home is sitting on the market.
1. Pricing. We have a great market, but it’s still price sensitive. Many sellers received incorrect information about where the market is and they then overprice their home.
2. Staging and photography. Did you know that 98 percent of buyers start their search online? That means how your home looks in photographs is the first impression buyers have. You need a professional photographer with a wide-angle lens to help showcase your home. You also want to make your home appealing to a wide range of buyers, have neutral colors and ‘declutter’ your home.
3. Restricted listings. It’s important to make your home available as much as possible to potential buyers. It can be a huge turn off for a potential buyer if they can’t view your home.
4. Attendance of sellers at showings. A lot of the time the seller likes to be present at the showing but most buyers find this uncomfortable.
5. First offer is the best offer. It’s an old saying in real estate, but most of the time it is still true. If the offer is lower than you wanted, see if you can negotiate or compromise.
These are five main reasons why your home may not be selling. If you have any questions about the market, or if you are ready to buy or sell, please give The Saad team a call at 239-595-8500! We’d be more than happy to help you!